We only source, record and use information about you which is necessary for us to service or do business with you. The bulk of this information is normally provided by you, and may include your name, address and contact details plus information about your existing property or properties, or what you may be looking for in other properties. Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, other sources of Information can include property and tenancy databases, current and prior employers, current and prior letting agents / landlords, and personal references.
We do not provide any personal information to any outside people or organizations except as approved or instructed by you. For example, we are unconditionally not involved in selling, renting, trading, swapping or otherwise providing your details to marketing organizations or any other such third party.
You may at any time request a review of the personal information we are holding about you and ask us to revise or make corrections or updates as you think relevant.
Boreen Point Real Estate is bound by the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles (NPP’s) of Australia.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Boreen Point Real Estate collects personal information (“Information”) about you when you register with us or contact us or approach or appoint us in any capacity.
- The Information we collect from you will depend upon how you contacted us, as well as the reason for your contact:
- For general contact via our website, you may supply us with your name, contact details, credit card details and the nature of your enquiry. For the purpose of improving our services, we may use statistical tracking of the use of our website, but this does not include the capture or recording of any personal information.
- Property sellers will provide additional information to assist us in appraising or selling their property, including property information and pricing details.
- Property buyers will provide us with information about properties of interest to them, including desired characteristics, location, price range, etc
- Landlords will provide us with information about their properties, as well as bank account details.
- Tenants will provide us with additional details including employment history and references, rental history and references, personal references, and income estimates.
- Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, other sources of Information can include property and tenancy databases, current and prior employers, accountants, current and prior letting agents / landlords, and personal references.
OTHER INFORMATION WE HAVE ACCESS TO
- We have access to certain property databases containing address details, boundary lines, property size and/or dimensions, ownership and sale history information. This can also include some property photos.
- Local government authorities also store and provide access to property information, which we also make use of as required.
- We also have access to information stored in other third-party property and tenant databases.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Boreen Point Real Estate collects the Information primarily to provide you with the information or services that you have sought from us. Primarily, we use the Information you provide to assist you in finding, selling, renting and/or maintaining your property.
- Information about tenants is used to help assess rental applications and may include the disclosure of Information to the relevant property’s owners.
- Information about landlords and tenants may be disclosed to outside parties as a direct requirement of providing the services requested of us. These parties may include tradespeople, utility organisations such as phone and electricity providers, property valuers, building inspectors, insurance companies, and future agents.
- If you do not provide the Information or we cannot access the Information we require, we may not be able to fully service you, or to perform the services you have requested of us.
- If at any time Boreen Point Real Estate is required by law to release Information about you or your organisation, Boreen Point Real Estate must co-operate fully with the relevant authorities.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Any person with whom we deal may at any time request a review of the personal information we are holding about them and ask us to revise or make corrections or updates as they think relevant. To request such a review, please contact us.
- Boreen Point Real Estate will deal with all requests for access to personal information in a prompt and timely manner and will not charge for these services unless we incur direct costs in providing the Information.